The University of Tennessee, Knoxville

Tennessee County Municipal Advisory Service

You are here

Non-Metered Water Usage

Reference Number: MTAS-588
Tennessee Code Annotated
Reviewed Date: May 31, 2017
Printer-friendly versionSend by emailPDF Version

Water loss in municipal water systems is not new and is in fact a common problem faced by most Tennessee cities that operate a water utility. Cities, as a general rule, purchase or treat more water than they sell to customers through metered billing. The State of Tennessee has authorized the Water and Wastewater Finanzing Board with Municipal Water Loss requirements. MTAS has a link to the board on the MTAS web page under the Water section.